Saturday, September 7, 2013

Temple

So tonight we went to the temple. When I say we I mean Brady, his brother Tadd, and I. I love the temple. I was telling Brady how comfortable it is there. Meaning being there is so comforting to me. It is always the perfect temperature, and I feel arms of comfort, love and peace surrounding me while I am there. I am so grateful that we can go to the temple whenever we want to. Heck we can walk there from our apartment. Brady's brother Tadd recently returned from his mission in England and was actually the one that invited us to the temple today, and I am so grateful he did. I didn't even realize I needed it until we were done and I was so full of peace.
I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the gospel is the most important thing in my life. I can't imagine life without the direction and guidance I receive from it.
I am also so grateful for family. I love my family. And I love Brady's family. Three of Brady's brothers live in Logan and I love spending time with them (and Kurt's wife and daughter). I am so lucky to have such great in laws. Sunday sibling dinners are fantastic. Brady's brother Kurt has a 2 year old, Isla, and I LOVE going to their house and hearing her happy to see me. Children show such amazing love without even knowing it. I can't wait until Brady and I have children and to feel that love from our own kids.
This is so random but I feel like I have had so many thoughts and the easiest way for me to express them is the type them.
Something else I've been thinking about lately is the Priesthood. I am so grateful for it, and so grateful that my amazing husband honors his Priesthood. I love knowing that he can give me a blessing anytime I need it, and that he can give other people blessings when they ask him. I know that blessings are powerful things and with faith they can produce miracles. I heard one of the most amazing blessings the other night and I know that it was words from God coming through one of His servants.
I know there are things that I need to work on and that I struggle with, but I know that through my savior Jesus Christ I can improve and make these weaknesses strengths.

Well I thought I had more to say, but I seem to be drawing a blank. Maybe it's the 3 boys in the living room yelling at the TV watching the BYU football game distracting me? It's alright though, I really do enjoy watching football with my husband, even if I don't understand it all. I know he enjoys it so I will enjoy it with him :) and really I am learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment