Sunday, November 4, 2012

Aggie Football and Gluten Free Bread

 I am trying to be a better blogger. As you can see I am not any good at it! Really I'm not doing it to get a ton of readers, obviously.  Mostly it's just a nice outlet. Putting my feelings and such in writing.
So I took pictures of my new gluten free flour line up and my lovely bread maker but they are on Brady's camera and his camera card doesn't fit into the slot on the computer so we have to buy an adapter. So there are pictures coming, I promise!
This weekend was great! A little exhausting but great! Friday we had a nice quiet evening complete with pizza! I had a pizza craving, which can be a little tricky with the gluten free life style. But, alas, Domino's has a gluten free crust! So we decided to try it out. Unfortunately, it only comes in a small so we had to buy two pizzas. I will tell you though, the crust is tasty!! Thin, but tasty! Good thing I don't mind thin crust pizza. It was delicious. Hit the spot!
So Saturday morning we went to Ogden to get Brady some new retro Air Jordan's we were first in line and Brady got the only pair in his size! Score! Christmas for Brady-done! (pictures of the beloved shoes to come)
Then it was Aggie football time!!  It was such a beautiful day for a football game! I am not a huge football fan but I am always up for a good Aggie game! Maybe if it was freezing I would stay home and watch it from the coziness of my couch but it was such a nice day! And even better the Aggies won!!! 38-7. GO AGGIES! There was an Aggie basketball game that night but we were both exhausted!!! So we stayed in and watched Avengers. (pictures of the game also to come)
So now for the gluten free successes from this weekend! First and I would think most important-a good loaf of Gluten Free bread! Which if you ask me is kind of hard to come by. But thanks to my go to gluten free blog (glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com) I found a great recipe - it's the one for multi-grain sandwich bread if you're wondering. But it was surprisingly light for gluten free bread and it has cornmeal in it which I think helps with the tastiness!
The second success- Pancakes! The other night breakfast for dinner sounded great! I figured "oh I can just use the all purpose gluten free flour for it" I was dead wrong! they were crepe-thin and didn't taste so great. So we just had bacon eggs and toast instead. So I was determined to find a good recipe, an what did I find? A recipe for Buckwheat pancakes! Super simple but pretty tasty! The batter looks like you have dirt in it-because the flour is dark. Tasted like whole wheat pancakes pretty much if you're interested in the recipe let me know.
The third success- Breadcrumbs! I forgot when i made my first loaf of bread that it keeps best in the freezer so it went dry pretty fast. So I dried the rest of it out and planned to make bread crumbs, then I wondered how I was going to do it without a food processor. But low and behold my blender came to the rescue! I plan on using those crumbs tonight!
My next endeavor-pumpkin cookies!
Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment