Monday, November 5, 2012

Crumbly Bread



I don't know if it's the fact that I'm hungry and don't know what sounds good, or if I'm just irritated at the people stomping around upstairs, but I'm dwelling a bit on the sucky parts of Celiacs.
So sucky part numbero uno: snack time. In my non gluten free days, no big deal. Grab some cheese and crackers, grab some toast, grab a quick PB&J. No crackers for me though and my bread is frozen so i'm being a bit lazy about toasting it - and it is crumbly...that needs to be fixed. And then the PB&J like i just said, crumbly bread! Don't get me wrong that bread is mighty tasty! But for whatever reason it does not want to stay together! I will try it again though, I WILL find a good gluten free bread to make a sandwich with! So my snack options with what I've got in the cupboard is rice cakes. While I love rice cakes, I think the taste and texture are great! But if any of you have ever had a rice cake you know it is not a high satiety food (doesn't get you full). Seriously I could eat like 6 rice cakes in one sitting! Luckily I just remembered my cheese sticks in the fridge! That will help! Thanks cheese. 
So sucky part numbero dos: lunch time. So today we decided to take the easy way out and get Jimmy Johns for dinner - they have a great unwich (no bread wrapped in lettuce). Then I am sitting here watching The Voice and thinking "well crap, what am I going to eat for lunch tomorrow?" It's not like I can just get something from the cafeteria at work because I'm never sure what they are having and I don't know what goes in it. And I can't just make a sandwich, back to my crumbly bread. So now I am making a piece of chicken for lunch tomorrow. 
Being Gluten Free just takes so much planning sometimes. While still in the transition getting used to things phase I am missing being able to just grab simple things sometimes. Most gluten free things are not simple. Thanks for letting me have a little vent session. I can do this. 
I know I can! One day at a time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment