Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just a little something

Hello. So I haven’t written on my blog for a while, which is ok with me. I don’t have this blog for a ton of people to read, obviously. I really don’t care if anyone reads it. I think eventually when we have kids and such I will make it more of a family this is what’s going on with us blog. But for now it’s just a place for me to write down what I’m feeling. I don’t write because I love it or because I am good at it, because I’m sure I’m not. But I type my thoughts out as somewhat of a release for me. I like to get what out what I am thinking and then keep moving forward. Sometimes if I don’t get it out it sticks around and takes up space in my head.
So it’s February, which for me is not an exciting month. It’s cold, and all the fun winter stuff is over so it’s just cold, and boring. For the most part you can’t go outside because usually the air quality here in Utah sucks in the winter and its cold! About this time of year I am SOO ready for spring. I am so ready for sun and flowers and walks and all that good stuff that spring brings. I am also ready for something new and I feel like spring signifies newness.  I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way this time of year. Luckily it’s been pretty warm the past little bit here which I have really enjoyed. But I was thinking today I needed something to boost my spirits, not that I’m super down or anything I just felt like I needed a little oomph! So I turned on a conference talk while I was doing the dishes.
I am so so so grateful that we have the words of church leaders at our fingertips. It was so nice to listen to something uplifting. The talk I listened to was about looking forward with faith which is kind of what I needed today. Life is hard, simple fact. Hard things come up and Satan is tempting us every step of the way. Sometimes it feels like we’re being tugged in fifty different directions and things keep going down down down. But there is a ray of light however small it may seem at the time. That light is our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. We need to grasp that light with both hands and keep a hold of it.  We need to have faith in and rely on our Heavenly Father and Christ. There is a plan for us and we will not be given anything that we can’t handle. Although we may not see the reason we are given the trials that we are given we always learn from them when they are over, and at some point they will be over.  I am so thankful for my testimony of Christ and of the commandments that we have been given to guide our lives. The “rules” that the church has are all for our good and to protect us from the sins of the world. And keeping the commandments is so worth it and brings us so much happiness.

Do something to lift your spirits. Spring is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment