Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Festivities



There they are! 2 of the 3 amigos! The top one at the fence had just got done growling at me and turned his head so I couldn't capture the full effect of his viciousness. But there they are as promised.
So we did it, we made it through our first full week in Cedar City! And all is well. We had a pretty good 3 day weekend but nothing too exciting. Just your usual grocery shopping and running errands. I ended up working a bit on Friday since Thursday I was sick and stayed home so Brady did a little golfing. I should have sent him with the camera. I decided that this blog is going to be a good way to get me to take more pictures. I've done that but now I need to take more pictures with Brady and me in them!
So as per our usual Friday was date night! We went to a nice little Mexican restaurant called Lupita's! It was pretty tasty! I would recommend it. The service, however, was not great. I actually think we got better service after Brady talked to the waitress in Spanish. But still tasty food if you're in Cedar City and want some Mexican deliciousness.
Saturday we picked up my bike from the bike shop! I now have a fully functional bike! I am pretty excited about it was going to take a picture but that was a fail. Now I can ride my bike to work and Brady can take the car, hopefully that will save us a bit on gas!

My baking adventure this weekend: Lemon Crinkle Cookies! YUMMMM They are very tasty! They are great if you want something sweet but aren't really in the mood for something chocolatey or carmely. They are really tasty right off the pan and if anyone wants the recipe I will gladly share! Or it's on my pinterest board.


So our Sunday, it was a good day. I'm not really sure where to start with my Sunday story. So I woke up and started some ribs in the crock pot which turned out so super tasty if someone wants that recipe as well :) again it's on pinterest. Ours were spicy too so if you like a little kick I would HIGHLY recommend them to you and tell you that we used Siracha Hot Chili Sauce for the chili sauce in the recipe and I added a little more ketchup and brown sugar to tame it a bit. :) But after church I grabbed some potatoes to peel and was SHOCKED at how tiny they were!! We usually don't buy potatoes at the store, we get them from my dad who gets them from Craig Larsen (a farmer in Burley) and I am used to them being this size:
Now THAT, my dear friends, is an Idaho potato!! But even without a bread loaf sized potato our lunch was delicious. :)
So last night I had a horrible dream that Brady and I were dating again and he decided he didn't want to get married and wanted to break up and it turned into a screaming fight. When I woke up I felt horrible! I was upset and sad and it was just not good. So I started unwrapping the ribs to get them in the crockpot and decided I needed to listen to something to get me out of this mood. So I grabbed Brady's ipod and turned on a conference talk. Nothing specific I was looking for, I just wanted to listen to the prophet's voice. It's amazing to me how doing that has such a calming effect on me. I am so grateful to have a prophet on the earth today and have the technology that I can listen to him speak whenever I want to, or need to.
So this lead to us going to church. Today in church we got sustained and set apart as Primary teachers.... oh boy get ready for an adventure. We're actually very excited for this calling! I will be sure to post any fun candid moments we have in class with them :) It will be the 5/6 year old kiddos. Hopefully it is a great experience!
So right before we were about to go into the bishop's office to get set apart we got cornered by brother Goodman. And guess what he asked? That's right.... he asked if we would speak in church. Of course we said yes, but immediately even before the words came out of his mouth my stomach started to knot up and my heart started pounding. I hate public speaking, hate it. Especially public speaking about something so close to my heart as the gospel. So needless to say I will be worrying about it until July 8th when I sit down from sharing what I have to say with the ward. I know it will give me a chance to grow and learn, but still... I have escaped speaking in church my whole adult life!! This should be interesting. Pray for me.
until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment